October 1st, 2013
Key findings in this report include:
– A majority of Asian Americans support the Affordable Care Act, nearly three times those who oppose the law
– The net level of support for the Affordable Care Act among Asian Americans is comparable to those found among Latinos and African Americans
– Among national origin groups, support for the Affordable Care Act is highest among Vietnamese Americans and Korean Americans
– For Asians in general, support does not diminish when the law is referred to as Obamacare instead of the Affordable Care Act.
– However, for Vietnamese in particular, support is lower when the law is referred to as Obamacare, while for Indians, support is significantly higher. These differences are in line with presidential approval ratings among these two groups.
– Support for the Affordable Care Act is more mixed among Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders.
Read this report
Photo Credit: LaDawna Howard, “King Vs. Burwell”